You are here
SVP, Counsel - US
Exciting opportunity to join a global organization's legal team
Must be an expert drafter and negotiator of commercial contracts
About Our Client
Global media brand with top-notch legal team.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the SVP, Counsel, US will be focused on a wide range of legal matters in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial contracts and agreements, including: NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, vendor agreements, MSPs, IP related agreements, advertising agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, licensing agreements, etc.
- Reviewing advertising materials for compliance with FTC, FDA, CARU regulations
- Oversee sweepstakes, contests and promotional initiatives
- Perform trademark searches and clearances
- Advise business leaders on privacy law matters
- Work collaboratively with other members of the legal team
- Advise internal and external clients in a concise and timely manner
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a U.S. accredited law school
- 6-12 years of experience gained at a combination of a top law firm and in-house
- Admission to NY State Bar
- Must be an expert at drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including: NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, vendor agreements, MSPs, IP related agreements, advertising agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, licensing agreements, etc.
- Must have experience dealing with marketing and advertising compliance and regulations (FTC, CARU, state laws)
- Must have a very solid understanding of intellectual property law as it relates to trademarks and copyrights
- Experience conducting trademark searches and clearances
- Experience dealing with privacy-related matters (CIPP highly preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Exceptional drafter of contracts)
- Team player with outgoing personality
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus structure, excellent organization!