You are here
Newly created position
Rapid organizational development
About Our Client
As a vital member on the R&D team, the engineer ensures successful operation of the Center of Excellence Laboratories located in Belcamp, MD. The Center of Excellence test labs serves as highly-efficient test labs with fast throughput of testing projects, but also as the source for our innovation and new products. The individual will play a key role in the organization by expediting the development life-cycle, planning and performing tests, and creating a positive environment for our customers and sales team to find cost effective packaging solutions.
Design and develop innovative solutions that solve tough challenges in the industry.
- Create a system-wide database of our R&D projects and lab operation
- Create user-friendly web-based interfaces to streamline work across multiple departments.
- Develop codes to automate data processing and report generation.
- Create a customized test request system that take testing requests through the different gates of product development.
Support the operation and upkeep of the thermal testing lab.
- Create test protocols and reports and update their templates in collaboration with the quality department.
- Perform testing in a timely manner and communicate issues with the lab manager.
- Create and update detailed timelines for the completion of thermal testing projects.
- Publish test results through email, presentations, and final reports.
- Remain current on technology through research and training.
- Maintain lab instruments and thermal chambers through both preventive actions, i.e. preventive maintenance, and Corrective actions, i.e., troubleshooting.
Be a project leader and an individual contributor of our R&D Projects from the ideation level all the way to execution.
- Model, design, and perform data analysis to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Develop and improve current software to decrease non-value adding tasks through automation.
- Coordinate with vendors to determine/evaluate product specifications and arrange for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts according to specifications and quality standards.
Take actions to ensure a high-quality lab that generates repeatable and trustworthy data.
- Investigate design issues and test failures and effectively drive corrective actions.
- Prepare lab for customer audits, work with quality department to ensure excellent results.
- Develop and execute validation plans for testing equipment.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within lab documentation and practices.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline Required
- 5+ years of experience in software development and database implementation.
- Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, etc.
- Graphical User Interface programming experience.
- Experience in developing Test Software/GUI and DAQ using NI LabVIEW
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, GUI programming, etc.
- Development experience with OOP languages like (C#, JAVA)
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, CAN, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Good understanding of cloud computing, virtualization, and IT infrastructure
- Willing to take the CTP certification exam within the first 6-months.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Certified LabVIEW developer
- Experience with PLC programming
- Signal Processing skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO & Lean manufacturing methodologies is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus relocation if necessary