You are here
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Luxury Department Store
Minimum of 3 years of experience required, preferably within retail
About Our Client
My client is a high end, customer service oriented department store that caters to modern fashion.
- Evaluates open positions and develops a recruitment strategy. This may include job posting optimization, job board procurement, digital and non digital networking etc.
- Adheres to an effective and consistent recruitment process and identifies opportunities with in the process to add value, improve quality, internal customer service, etc.
- Evaluates effectiveness of sourcing tools and provides recommendations and or solutions.
- Identifies trends in market to attract top talent and utilizes social media, focused networking and targeted recruitment initiatives to resource candidates.
- Interviews and assesses candidates (in person or phone screens) using behavioral, competency-based interviewing techniques.
- Develops, cultivates and manages relationships with hiring managers to provide service excellence and recruitment expertise.
- Maintain a positive relationship with hiring managers and continuously updates on the status of the open positions.
- Leverage the Taleo Applicant Tracking System to develop efficiencies in the talent acquisition process.
- Manage internal candidates and referrals on a timely basis and communicates to hiring managers status.
- Manages and coordinates all communication with candidates. Counsels candidates on corporate benefits, salary and corporate environment.
- Manages the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
- Reviews and ensures weekly Open to Hire is accurately updated.
- Ensures all opens positions have updated job descriptions.
- Responsible for managing the classified ads budget.
- Assists in compiling reports, makes recommendations on continuous improvement efforts, tracks effectiveness of sourcing methods, cost per hire, budgets, etc.
- Serves as the Human Resources liaison with the Corporate Office.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications received to ensure proper correspondence is sent to applicants.
- Participates in employment events such as career fairs and open houses.
- Develops relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms.
- May perform additional duties or special projects such as exit interviews, new hire orientation, coach/counsel managers on policy and procedures inquiries, etc
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or a combination of education and equivalent work experience with 3+ retail recruitment experience. Knowledge of recruitment and selection practices essential.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e retail store hours and holidays)
- Proven track record of success working fast paced, high energy environments
- Ability to build a network across industries to identify future talent.
- Proven experience with process, metrics, reports and applicant tracking systems.
- Experience in advanced internet recruitment/sourcing.
- Good working knowledge of HR policies, procedures and federal/state legislation.
- In-depth experience utilizing competency-based, behavioral interviewing experience required.
- Demonstrates capacity to overcome obstacles and welcomes opportunity for challenges.
- Exhibits strong social skills and ability to develop professional relationships.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities in fast-paced, multi-task environment.
What's on Offer
My client offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a generous discount.
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.