You are here
- Large Product led Engineering Firm
- Global 1000 business with outstanding culture
About Our Client
Our client is a well-regarded global Engineering company with significant operations in the US. They are part of a center of excellent program that has seen a shift from a localized support role to an international focus on best practices throughout the group.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual filings of sales & use tax returns for both domestic and Canada.
- Monitor and reconcile the transaction tax accruals and payments general ledger accounts to ensure reconciling issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Research sales and use tax issues to ensure compliance, respond timely to taxability questions from the business, and issue resale/exemption certificates to vendors if applicable.
- Gather and analyze information needed for the preparation of foreign, federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns.
- Prepare all sales and use tax registration applications, qualifications and maintenance of permits.
- Respond to all state and local notices, assessments and inquiries.
- Maintenance and update of the tax calendar.
- Prepare monthly sales tax journal entries.
- Validate resale/exemption certificates from customers.
- Provide training to junior staff
- Assist with identifying and implementing systems/process improvements and other special projects as needed.
- Assist with research and review tax law changes that may impact customer billing and procurement processes, and propose process changes to integrate any tax law changes into Company operations as applicable.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience with a degree in accounting.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- CPA or MST strongly preferred.
- Excellent excel and word skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong personal drive to independently solve new and complex problems.
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to achieving team goals.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments and manage multiple workflows.
- Ability to learn quickly and make an immediate impact.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive salary of $55,000 - $75,000 dependent on experience. There is a discretionary bonus at years end.