You are here
Tax Associate - Senior Tax Associate - Tax Manager
- Associate to Manager Tax roles within Small, Mid-sized, and Global CPA firms
- Working with multiple CPA firms looking to bring on top Tax Candidates
About Our Client
Growing small to mid-sized CPA firms as well as established global CPA firm.
- Performs diversified accounting, auditing and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Other Functions:
- Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned.
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and TX franchise).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations. * Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs. * Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting or taxation.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Required Licenses, Certifications or Knowledge:
- Either hold a current and valid public accountant's license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute if CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of computers, computer accounting software, and tax software programs.
- CPA Certification required.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Prosystem, Ultratax, and Adobe software.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
What's on Offer
Tax Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles within multiple growing small, mid-sized, and Global CPA firms, with different opportunities to advance within each firm.