You are here
Tax Manager Americas
Great opportunity to lead a tax department for the Americas
Management level role with strategic focus on local and international tax
About Our Client
Our client is an international services group, fastly growing in the Americas Region.
Reporting to the Regional CFO, the Tax Manager will:
- Ensure tax filings are done properly and timely
- Provide all necessary information for preparation of the filings to the tax advisor in a timely manner.
- Consider all promising tax planning ideas. If knowledge regarding promising opportunities is not available, consult the external tax advisor and/or the Group's corporate tax manager.
- Anticipate tax implications on projects and contracts before contract signing and advice sales and project teams on the findings.
- For projects outside the USA, determine any possible tax issues in the foreign country (f.i. withholding tax) and define the most advantageous tax strategy for the Group.
- Ensure all necessary state tax and sales/use tax registrations are done.
- Ensure proper sales and use tax allocations within accounting department, audits and records retention.
- Manage and coordinate all tax audits, where applicable in conjunction with the external tax advisor.
- Ensure the tax position is reported honestly and accurately and properly recorded in the accounting system.
- Ensures annual transfer pricing documentation is produced timely and accurately
- Actively follow possible changes in laws and regulations.
- Document and implement tax related internal control procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CFO.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5 + years of experience in Tax (local and international).
- Must have a knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Basic Computer Skills required (Windows 2007, Microsoft Office 2010)
- SAP experience preferred
- Fluent in Spanish (Portuguese would be a plus)
- Preferred background in (international) project business
What's on Offer
The tax manager is the central person in ensuring that Group pursues the most efficient tax positions, within the law and without obstructing business operations, by taking opportunities and managing tax risks. This objective has three aspects which form the main focus areas for the tax manager:
- Comply with the law
- Know the impact of tax on the business operations
- Proper tax planning
This is a perfect position for a regional or a divisional tax manager, who would like to step up in their career into an strategic/advisory position for the Americas region, while still being hands on in management.
This role will have a Tax specialist reporting directly into, thus the expectation is to release some of the usage of external tax partners and add an in-house strategic layer into the business regarding:
- project taxation (local and international)
- contracts taxation (local and international)
- corporate tax (local and international subsidiaries)
If you have experience advising a startup or an international group in the U.S, or would like more exposure to the C-level vs being in a large corporation, this role could be interesting for you.