You are here
Tax Manager -- Top Tier Private Equity Firm
Looking to Challenge yourself and break into Private Equity?
Great Growth Opportunity with Potential to become AVP in 3-5 years!
About Our Client
My client is a global asset management firm specializing in alternative investment strategies, and a leader in the private equity space.
- Leading in project management, management of tax issues, and strategic planning;
- Reviewing and calculating the book/tax differences and reviewing partner allocations;
- Reviewing calculations of market discount, OID and interest accruals;
- Analyzing reorganizations of underlying debt and equity investments to determine the proper tax treatment;
- Preparing tax packages for funds and lower-tier LLCs, including reconciling of income items and capital accounts;
- Providing tax estimates to Clients and General Partners;
- Addressing large number of Client's requests and inquiries;
- Analyzing withholding issues that impact partners and the partnership's global investments;
- Reviewing state withholding taxes;
- Drafting correspondence with state and federal tax authorities;
- Managing audit responses and documentation for all aspects of audits; and
- Assisting in the analysis of cross-border acquisitions and dispositions to determine proper tax treatment for US purposes.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of partnership tax experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, with knowledge of financial investment issues being a plus.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative, an eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- The candidate must be customer oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He/She will be self-driven, team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Familiarity with and understanding of a busy tax season.
- Bachelors required, CPA and MST Preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary Commensurate on Experience
- Signing Bonus
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus (potentially 15%-20%)
- Exponential Growth Potential (Manager to Senior Manager in 1-2 years to AVP in another 1-2 years)
- 40-45 hour work weeks during the regular season