You are here
- Tax Manager needed at one of the most respected firms in The Valley
- Working with Ultra High Networth Individuals in the Entertainment Industry
About Our Client
My client is one of the most highly-regarded, well-respected Business Management firms in The Valley. This firm's client base is made up of ultra high net worth individuals in the Entertainment Industry - you would be servicing everyone from Composers to Actors to Writers. This firm has experienced tremendous growth over the past 40+ years, and is on track for continued progression.
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, International, Multi-State).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations. * Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs. * Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
- 5+ years tax experience in a public accounting arena. Business Management exposure a plus
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; Prosystems, Lacerte, Quickbooks, or equivalent software knowledge
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Health Benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k) plan
- 4-5 weeks of PTO, depending on the level
- Monthly health and wellness subsidy