You are here
- Tax Manager position within growing financial services firm.
- Firm currently has over $2 Billion in assets under management.
About Our Client
Growing Financial Services firm with over $2 Billion in assets under management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage the Company's global income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures under ASC 740
- Manage and assist external tax resources in the preparation of US and foreign income tax returns, tax extensions and tax estimates
- Manage the preparation of state sales & use tax, property tax returns, and various other state and local tax returns.
- Own the maintenance and monitoring of book/tax differences and assist in the reconciliation of taxes in the ledger
- Provide support for tax related requirements of payroll, human resources or other departments
- Manage tax compliance process, including compilation of supporting data, coordination with outside service provider and administer process and internal communication.
- Participate in tax process optimization, assist in developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes to improve the tax function
- Develop and maintain an active tax calendar
- Participate in international tax planning, including transfer pricing maintenance
- Assist with acquisition tax planning and integration
- Cultivate relationships across the business and finance areas to encourage dialogue on potential tax consequences
- Lead or assist with various finance, accounting, or other special projects
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Capabilities:
- BS in Accounting
- Big 4 background preferred
- CPA or Masters in Tax a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of income tax experience, with strong knowledge of federal and state corporate tax provisions (non-US income tax experience preferred, but not required)
- Subpart F experience a plus
- Prior experience in Financial Services or leasing industry a plus
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task and prioritize with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate on a one to one basis, as well as in larger meetings. Ability to make effective financial presentations
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to analyze financial data
- Team player, effective interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
What's on Offer
Tax Manager position with tons of growth opportunity within growing financial services company which is backed by some of the largest private investment firms in the world.