You are here
Tax Senior & Tax Manager
- Business Management firm representing the "who's who" in Hollywood
- Company experiencing exponential growth in Tax
About Our Client
My client is a confidential business management firm in the West LA area representing the "who's who" of Hollywood. If you throw a stone into an Oscar Party, chances are, my client is managing their books. Extremely progressive office environment looking for dynamic, well-rounded individuals to join their growing Tax team. Motivated individuals (both at the Senior and Manager level) have all the potential in the world to go down the Partner track through natural progression.
- Prepare and review federal, multi-state, and international tax returns for individuals and businesses;
- Prepare and review extensions, quarterly estimates, and tax provision;
- Prepare and review 1042, 1099, and other informational tax returns:
- Analyze IRS notices and draft responses;
- Review client tax returns with the exception of those dealing with specialized issues that require the expertise of a directors;
- Handle federal, state and local tax audits;
- Perform complex tax research;
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other tax authorities;
- Prepare and advise tax planning;
- Delegate work to the tax associate and supervise their work;
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, International, Multi-State).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations. * Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs. * Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years tax experience in a public accounting arena or at a real estate firm
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; Prosystems, Lacerte, Quickbooks, or equivalent software knowledge
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Health Benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k) plan
- 4-5 weeks of PTO, depending on the level
- Monthly health and wellness subsidy