You are here
Must have bridal/evening wear, or lingerie experience
Will act as primary contact for all fit and construction related inquiries
About Our Client
Specializing in high end womenswear, this company has been working on elegant evening wear that bases their designs off of vintage and cultural influences.
The Technical Designer will:
- Create and send tech packs to the factories and act as primary contact with for all fit and construction related issues for fit, PP, TOP samples, and any bulk fit or construction issues.
- Make in house pattern corrections for fit samples in order to speed up the fit sample turn time and in order to insure accuracy of pattern corrections.
- Create and implement procedures for the factories that will result in improvements and consistencies in the garment specs, fit, and construction.
- Implement and ensure that the grading rule is consistently followed across all factories.
- Provide grading rule and layout specs (if needed) to beading/ embroidery suppliers and make sure that all beading/ embroidery info is in the tech pack in order to ensure correct layout placement when motifs are applied to garments.
- Review TOP samples with Director of Production and Head Designer. Pass samples to Operations to add back into inventory.
- Receive bulk production from Operations for garment QC of specs and construction. Show garments to Director of Production and PD Manager. Pass samples back to Operations when done to put back into inventory.
- Call out any changes that will lead to increased garment costs or that would lengthen the production leadtime needed creating bulk garment shipping delays.
- Steam and spec all garments prior to the fitting.
- Make recommendations on construction and fabric consumption changes as needed to help reduce garment cost.
- Control expenditure to meet fit model budget, manage and facilitate production fit model sessions.
- Review fabric markers to find ways to reduce fabric wastage and increase efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Technical Designer candidate will have:
- Must have bridal/evening wear/lingerie experience
- Ability to research customers so that we have the best fit to suit her body type.
- Experience in construction and finishing in the marketplace to make recommendations on garment quality, construction, and fit
- Flexibility in terms of working in a complex, ambiguous, and ever-changing environment.
What's on Offer
A full time, permanent position in New York City.
Competitive compensation and benefits.