You are here
Technical Sales Manager - Oilfield Services
Reports directly to President and leadership group to drive engagment & success
Highly visible & entrepreneurial role w/ both a strategic & hands-on growth mode
About Our Client
Elkem is one of the world's leading companies for environmentally responsible production of materials. Its principal products are silicon, silicones, ferrosilicon, foundry alloys, carbon materials and microsilica. They have a strong focus on EHS, continuous improvement and always look for ways to further develop our processes and reduce carbon footprint. Their mission in business is to contribute towards a sustainable future by providing advanced silicon and carbon solutions.
What can you expect if you join the team?
- Innovative and technology-intensive environment
- Challenging tasks & projects, high degree of responsibility
- Good backing, coaching and support
- Personal and professional development, e.g. leadership, project management, operational & technical training programs, including annual development discussion with leader
- International work environment, cultural learning and global business understanding
- Team work, with high degree of involvement, accountability and passion for continuous improvement, i.e. Elkem Business System (EBS)
- Strong focus on safe and eco-efficient production of materials
Elkem counts 3500 employees of which 2000 are in Norway. Revenue in 2015 is ca. 12 billion NOK. Elkem has 112 years of history as a technology provider. Our global research center is in Kristiansand, with 150 R&D scientists.
Elkem provides a wide range of key quality chemicals to the oilfield industry in Well Cementing, Stimulation and Drilling Fluids. Their main customers are international and regional service companies.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop business strategy for the North American market
- Develop sales in accordance to strategy
- Account responsibility for customers (region and central purchasing accounts)
- Profit/Loss responsibility for business area
- Close cooperation with the global sales and marketing organization
- New Business Development and Key Account Development
The Successful Applicant
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical etc.) or equivalent in technical aptitude and application.
- 7-12 years of sales experience within the Oilfield Services industry (fluids, cementing/simulation, chemicals etc.)
- More than 4 years technical experience, preferably in one of the listed market segments
- Ability to communicate and co-operate internally and externally at all levels within enterprise level corporations (city sales & field sales).
- Ability to travel 50% +/- domestically and 3-4 international trips (annually)
What's on Offer
Strong competitive base salary based on experience and current compensation structure, annual bonus structure, long-term growth, company vehicle, full medical benefits, and involvement with global executive leadership on a daily basis.