You are here
Temp to Perm Construction Office Assistant
Experienced Construction Office Assistant Needed
Need experienced Office Assistant to run Construction Office
About Our Client
Our client managed to build a sound reputation as a competent iron and steel manfacturing company the hard way - by doing honest work. Whether dealing with a large commercial project or doing routine plumbing maintenance, they keep their standards high. Clients know them to be fast and efficient.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure paperwork is in order including contracts, CCB status checks, insurance certificates, and lien releases
- Track and process invoices for subcontractors and material providers; review invoices and change order requests against contract documents; code invoices to expense categories
- Maintain draw spreadsheets; prepare monthly draws to construction lender
- Create and maintain a log to track homebuyer material selections (ie. flooring, countertop material…), upgrades, and change orders
- Enter expense data into QuickBooks and compare actual vs. budgeted project costs
- Set up new employees; collect and summarize timesheets; coordinate with payroll company
- File monthly reports with SAIF; handle paperwork for SAIF or other insurance claims; prepare for year-end audits
- Perform computer back-ups
- Organize and track warranty and product information for future buyers and the HOA
- Assist with selection, research, bidding and ordering of construction materials
- Assist with the preparation of bid packages, sending out RFP's, and evaluating subcontractor bids
- Prepare/assemble applications for subsidies (ie. solar credits, ecoroof application,…) and handle compliance as required
- Run new sub orientation sessions as necessary (paperwork, billing procedure, jobsite rules, recycling protocol…)
- Prepare and update a phone/contact list for subcontractors and material suppliers
- Answer phones; copy, scan, fax and file documents; greet and direct visitors; maintain professional appearance and cleanliness of the construction office trailer
- Keep office stocked with office supplies (ie. paper, toner, furniture…); post required items at the jobsite (ie. minimum wage flyer, CCB #, first aid kit, fire extinguisher…); run occasional errands for office supplies, material pick-ups…
- Perform periodic website updates to company websites: www.cullygrove.org and www.orangesplot.net (training can be provided if necessary)
The Successful Applicant
2+ years construction office experience - Strong organization and communication skills; detail-oriented and conscientious - Good typing skills; proficient in MS Word and Excel; able to work swiftly and accurately through various small office projects - Comfort working at a home office (across the street from the job site) or heated construction trailer on the job site.
- QuickBooks or other construction accounting software - Spanish language
What's on Offer
- Fully employer covered medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Strong 401k matching and employer contribution plan