You are here
Territory Sales Manager - Automation
Global Manufacturer of Automation Solutions
On Target 1st year earnings $120,000 - $150,000
About Our Client
Our client for the Territory Sales Engineer opportunity is a global manufacturer of industrial automation solutions. This client has been in business for over 35 years and continues to be a market in various industries including food and beverage, pharma and life sciences, logistics, consumer goods, electronics, automotive, and more. This organization has revenues over $500 million USD and over 20 sales offices globally. This organization is highly respected in the industry and brand recognition is at its peak.
The Territory Sales Engineer will work out of a home office based in the Louisville/Lexington area and travel 25-50% in the local territory. The Territory Sales Engineer will focus on new business development opportunities with non-existing customers and further develop revenue with the existing customer base. This person will have a strong back end support team that consist of sales support, customer service, and a product marketing team. We are looking for candidates with a strong technical aptitude, sales and closing skills, and ability to grow sales and develop new business.
- Develop new accounts for company products across several customer industry verticals
- Manage current existing customers relationships and grow given accounts
- Manage key accounts and develop new strategic accounts through new business development
- Work cross functionally with internal team of application engineers on sales quotes, pricing, market trends and conditions, customer follow up, customer negotiations, and closing deals
- Asses customer needs in order to select best product options
- Build strong business relationships with new and existing customers and establish buying cycles
- Increase product and brand awareness by representing organization in a professional manner
- Attend trade shows
- Report sales activity through CRM system managing sales pipeline, expense reports, sales activities, market trends
- Ability to travel 50-60% within territory
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field (Engineering degree preferred - Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related)
- 3-7 years of experience in a technical field sales or application engineering position
- Ideally have experience with process controls, automation, sensors, or similar products.
- Proven sales track record selling technical products and systems
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to apply concepts into practical situations
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and highly organized
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, monthly commission plan, annual bonus, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation, and paid holidays.
On target first year earnings $120,000 - 150,000.