You are here
Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Organization
Tooling Engineer Role
About Our Client
Fortune 500 Major CPG Packaging Organization that did 1.4 Billion in Revenue last year.
- Assist Senior Tooling Engineer following up on internal and external projects.
- Provide timely progress reports to the project team.
- Work with inside or outside suppliers on mold qualification.
- Become familiar with filling out Albea's tool specification sheet, and contacting suppliers for quotations.
- Assist the tool room purchasing agent by confirming that existing detail drawings are current prior to sending out for quotation. This may require hands on measuring, some reverse engineering/conversion to 3d.
- Participate in team activities such as Tooling/Process reviews, cost reduction, mistake proofing, and other special projects to improve our operations.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Program for all areas of production.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Plastics Processing, Tool & Die or Drafting & Design.
- Well rounded knowledge in Solid Works
- Understands manufacturing; machining; plastic injection molding
- Computer abilities including Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Engineering knowledge of materials properties.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/pneumatic systems.
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Experience in use of statistical tools and techniques for quality management.
What's on Offer
Full Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits
401K Retirement Plan
Cell Phone Reimbursement Plan