You are here
- Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores seeking talent!
- Energetic atmosphere that fosters a clear and fast path to career growth.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading, global retail company focused on value based consumer goods in a mass reaching customer market. They operate in markets and various sectors across the globe and continue to improve business among new regions, executing their commitment to lead in each market as well as create value for business partners and stakeholders. Their immaculate presence is managed by two regional platforms which oversee the evolution for their retail, operations and distribution teams alike.
Our client is looking for an experienced Transportation Manager for this role.
- Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Supervise air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions.
- Establish quality transportation services.
- Develop partnerships with outside carriers in shipping.
- Plan and implement budgets.
- Utilize services of less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders to handle fulfillment shipments.
- Supervise scheduling of shipments.
- Review financial reports.
- Manage performance of branch employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have previous logistics experience and extensive knowledge of transportation and operation divisions. Other requirements included:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2-4 years
What's on Offer
Dependent upon experience