You are here
Rapidly growing food and beverage distributor in the Chicagoland area!
Amazing growth opportunity within transportation!
About Our Client
Our client is a world renowned food and beverage distributor located in the Western suburbs. They are looking to expand their rapidly growing business and Supply Chain team. They are in need of an Transportation Manager to bring innovative, cost saving processes to the table.
The primary responsibilities of the Transportation Manager include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate shipping and receiving and optimize transportation costs by checking quotes and monitoring freight costs
- Train, develop, and oversee a team of direct reports to accomplish company objectives and goals
- Responsible for monitoring Service Provider level, KPI's and process improvement
- Develop successful peak planning tools and strategy with internal and external partners
- Use data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive additional cost savings based on knowledge / understanding of carrier networks and negotiated rates
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Transportation Manager position:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience managing a team required
- Experience with 3PL relationships required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP Experience required
- Strong communication, organization & delegation skills
- 5+ years logistics/transportation experience
- 5+ years inventory experience
- Ability to set priorities and delegate workload in a fast paced and ever changing environment
What's on Offer
If you are interested in the Transportation Manager opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.