You are here
Traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent - Medical
Notable SE Design/Build GC that focuses on healthcare/medical/office sectors!
Looking for an experienced Traveling Superintendent for projects up to $40M!
About Our Client
This Southern Commercial General Contractor is well known in the healthcare/medical office/commercial space, with a large project pipeline. They are looking for strong superintendents with ground up medical office projects ranging up to $40M. They are picking up more and more projects and looking for experienced superintendents to grow with the company and lead these projects. Typical projects for this company include medical office buildings, assisted living projects, long term acute care projects, ground up hospital additions, and higher education/dorm projects.
The Commercial Construction Superintendent will be responsible for managing all aspects of healthcare/medical office/commercial projects including client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. The Commercial Construction Superintendent will also be responsible for collaborating with the Project Manager to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked. Select Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years as a construction superintendent for a commercial general contractor
- Experience leading ground up healthcare/medical facility/senior living projects in range of $5-15M and up to $40M; their projects are typically in the $8-$10M range
- Comfortable leading mid-sized projects and managing a team
- Strong oral communication and written skills
- OSHA certified is a plus
- 100% Traveling throughout the SE to locations such as Tennessee, Georgia, Carolinas, all the way to Florida and Texas
What's on Offer
The qualified candidate will be compensated based off of experience. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salary compensation
- Vehicle allowance or company truck
- Gas card
- Paid travel home (time off)
- Per diem, and stipend for travel paid up front
- Extremely competitive benefits package
- 401k match