You are here
Traveling Retail Superintendent
Top Retail GC that is growing rapidly looking for a strong Superintendent!
Traveling Superintendent for a Retail Commercial GC with extensive pipeline!
About Our Client
This Commercial General Contractor is extremely well known in the retail space, with a large project pipeline. They are looking for strong superintendents with ground up retail experience ranging from $500K and up. They are picking up more and more projects and looking for strong superintendents to grow with the company and lead projects. This Commercial General Contractor is extremely well known in the retail space, with a large project pipeline. They are looking for strong superintendents with ground up retail experience ranging from $500K to $8M. They are picking up more and more projects and looking for strong superintendents to grow with the company and lead these projects.
The Commercial Construction Superintendent will be responsible for managing all aspects of retail projects including client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. The Commercial Construction Superintendent will also be responsible for collaborating with the Project Manager to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked.
* Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries.
* Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
* Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
* Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
* Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
* Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
* 3+ years as a construction superintendent for a commercial general contractor
* Experience leading ground up retail projects in range of $500K-$8M
* Comfortable leading large projects and managing a large team
* Strong oral communication and written skills
* OSHA certified is a plus
What's on Offer
The qualified candidate will be compensated based off of experience.
* Competitive base salary compensation
* Vehicle allowance
* Paid travel home (time off)
* Per diem, and stipend for travel paid up front
* Extremely competitive benefits package
* 401k match