You are here
Traveling Retail Superintendent
Privately Held General Commercial Construction Firm
Looking for an Experienced Traveling Retail Superintendent
About Our Client
Growing General Construction Firm specializing in commercial, office, retail, medical, institutional, telecom, and interior projects is looking to add a Traveling Retail Superintendent to their team.
The traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent will own and manage all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. As the traveling Ground Up Superintendent, you will collaborate with the Project Manager to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked. Select Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
- The Ground Up Superintendent will have a Project Coordinator supporting with the project
The Successful Applicant
The successful traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent will have the following:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Superintendent on Ground Up Commercial projects [standalone retail, strip centers, mall + retail developments + tilt wall]
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Superintendent
- Availability to travel across the United States
What's on Offer
Offering the opportunity to travel across the United States and not have to relocate. The client offers a flight home, all hotel/food costs covered, vehicle allowance + gas card in addition to a strong base salary package.