You are here
USD200,000 - USD210,000
Leading Westchester County based power company
Looking for experienced treasury professional with power experience
About Our Client
Leading power company in Westchester county.
- Manage overall operations of the Treasury function which includes debt, derivative, investment, cash, collateral and liquidity management activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Investment Banking and Commercial Banking sectors to ensure ready access to the capital markets to raise new capital, refinance existing debt, and secure adequate liquidity.
- In collaboration with financial advisory community, develop financial strategies and financing structures that enable company to maintain it's strong credit ratings as well as support the Authority's ambitious strategic objectives and investment in core transmission and generation assets.
- Develop a financing program for the deployment of large scale renewables for the company's largest customers to assist them in meeting New York State's renewable mandate of 50% by 2030. Program would include consideration of off-balance sheet financing and structures that would minimize the company's credit risk, while providing strategic expertise to our customers.
- Serve as the company's liaison to the Credit Rating Agencies which evaluate and assign credit ratings on the Senior and Subordinate obligations and
- Develop and implement strategies to improve capital structure and maintain strong financial metrics
- Responsible for leading the financial and credit strategy for planning and implementing an expanded product offering for the company's customer energy solutions program including securitization products and third party lending relationships.
- Oversee the investment of a $500 million externally managed trust fund across a diversified set of asset classes including domestic and international equity, domestic fixed income, money market and real estate, as well as overseeing the investment of a $1billion internally managed high grade fixed income portfolio.
- Evaluate and recommend for appointment investment managers, brokers/dealers, investment banks, financial and swap advisors, liquidity providers and other consultants to support the company's financial function.
- Responsible for the general custody of all funds and securities of the company, the general supervision of the collection and disbursement of funds, and the safeguarding of the company's financial assets.
- Work with internal and external bond counsel to ensure compliance with investment policy mandates, bond indenture covenants, statutory and regulatory matters, continuing disclosure requirements, and tax regulations as they pertain to the issuance and maintenance of the company's debt including but not limited to arbitrage and rebate analysis and private use analysis.
- Provide consultative advise on financial matters to other internal stakeholders including legal, customer energy solutions, finance, accounting, risk and others.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive knowledge of the capital markets in finance and economics required in order to evaluate and recommend investment and capital market strategies.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in collaborating and working with varied stakeholders including internal and external legal counsel, financial advisors, senior management, business partners, banking community, credit rating agencies, etc.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Ability to effectively develop and lead a team especially in a time change in the utility industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, economics or related discipline is required.
- Master's degree and/or a professional credential such as a Chartered Financial Analyst is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Treasury / Financial related field including a working knowledge of the capital markets and investment community
What's on Offer
- Excellent Salary
- Benefits Package