You are here
Treasury and Investment Manager
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACAKGE
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY KEY ROLE IN ORGANIZATION
About Our Client
Great weather, award winning parks, exciting and entertaining downtown, diverse communities, and affordable housing are some of the reasons the City of Long Beach is a great place to work.
The City of Long Beach employs over 4,730 employees and has over 500 job positions. Positions range from entry level to professional, high skilled. Given the number of positions, employees have a variety of career paths to choose from. In addition, the City provides career guidance, mentoring and career ladders for planning a career with the City.
- Managing annual cash flows of about $3.75 billion with responsibility for preserving capital, ensuring liquidity,
- Managing the City's banking relationships, cash management services, and the citywide investment function to ensure safety of principal, appropriate liquidity, and appropriate yield.
- Developing internal control procedures, and monitoring deposit and withdrawal banking activity.
- Establishing and managing banking relationships to facilitate the business of the City.
- Administering a $1.3 billion multi-fund investment pool, and directly managing approximately $600 million.
- Maximizing the investment earnings of these funds.
- Separately responsible for executing transactions related to approximately $100 million of Debt Reserve Funds held in over sixty bank accounts.
- Supervises two professional staff.
- May act as the City Treasurer or Debt Manager in their absence.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a creative and highly productive, achievement oriented self-starter. The candidate will have consistently demonstrated excellent leadership and collaborative skills and be able to design and manage projects. The candidate will enjoy a stimulating, high productivity, and evolving work place. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of cash management services and products, and a working knowledge of cash investment products and services. The successful candidate will possess highly effective and flexible verbal and written communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting, or closely related field is required. A CTP or MBA is highly desirable.
- A minimum two years of Bloomberg financial software experience is required. Bloomberg Certification is a plus.
- A minimum of three years of progressive, professional finance experience is required, encompassing at least two years of cash management experience in the public or private sector, and investment of restricted funds.
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable California Government Code relating to management of public funds is required.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of financial analytics and forecasting.
- California experience preferred, with other experience considered.
- An understanding of municipal debt and municipal debt instruments and strategies is desirable
- A working understanding of governmental accounting and financial controls are desirable.
What's on Offer
The role will provide a great opportunity to anyone that is interested in joining a dynamic working environment in a city that is developing every day. For the chosen candidate, an excellent compensation on the base, in addition to a comprehensive city wide benefits package will be provided for.
If interested in moving forward, a full breakdown of the benefits package will be provided for review.