You are here
US General Counsel - Real Estate Development
Exciting opportunity to join Global Real Estate Developer as General Counsel
Commercial development transactional real estate generalist needed (5-10 yrs)
About Our Client
Global Real Estate Development firm.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the US General Counsel will be responsible for handling all legal matters for multi-billion dollar real estate development firm in the US. The US General Counsel will handle all commercial and mixed-use real estate transactions, from start to finish; handle all compliance and regulatory matters as well as managing outside counsel on litigation matters. The General Counsel will handle M&A activities and all commercial contracts for the real estate developer. This role will involve heavy interaction with C-Level Executives, both in the US and across the globe.
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US accredited law school
- Admission to the CA State Bar
- 5-8 years of in-house commercial real estate transactional experience; max 10 years of TOTAL experience
- Must be a commercial real estate transactional generalist with large-scale real estate development transactional experience required, including managing deals from start to finish, mixed-use real estate experience, entitlement law, land-use, zoning, permits, construction experience
- Experience and knowledge of the Bay Area development market is preferred
What's on Offer
Highly competitive base salary with 30% target bonus, benefits, and travel.