You are here
US Sales Manager
World Leading Provider of Vibrating Sieves and Screening Solutions
Highly Established Company Operating Across 65 Different Industries
About Our Client
With origins commencing in 1946, our client is now a global company providing a diverse portfolio of screening equipment and industrial sieves for multiple industries. Its network of agents, distributors and re-sellers provides a footprint of sales offices across the globe. With a capacity to produce more than 3,500 machines a year for its thousands of customers spread across 65 industries in more than 75 countries, the company is one of the largest screening equipment manufacturers in the world.
Our client's head office, production and testing facilities are based in the heart of one of Europe's most renowned manufacturing regions in Reggio Emilia Italy. R&D labs are located both in their Italian offices and Israel. In August 2015, they opened a 20,000 sq ft facility in Pennsylvania, USA as the first step to investing and developing a dedicated US sales and technical team for the North American market.
The company's mission is to become the world's pre-eminent screening equipment company. It will do this by using Total Quality Management (TQM) across its diverse FDA and explosive compliant product portfolio supported by superior pre and post sales customer support. With the objective of optimizing our customers' output and profits our technical advice offers high quality, cost effective vibrating sieves (Cuccolini line) to service the traditional needs of clients and cutting edge, patent protected, revolutionary multi-frequency vibrating equipment (ScreenX) that separates material that was previously impossible to screen.
There are three focus areas for the role of the Business Development Manager (in order of priority):
- Product Sales:
- To quickly take over the sales of all of Virto's products sold to the US customers and to grow these sales wherever possible;
- To engage directly top prospect companies
- To support our partners (ADRs) developing sales support during ADRs customers visits, training sessions etc.
This position will require local, national and international travel to meet with customers and clients mainly in North America.
- To learn and thoroughly understand the company's products (design, uses, mechanics, operating principles) and remain informed about the company's products and services and any new product development within the company;
- Study the company's existing client base and case studies to obtain an excellent knowledge of the company's existing customer base, its target market, customers and customer decision makers;
- To very quickly obtain a very good knowledge of the company's existing customers, their needs, who the decision makers are and take over all the marketing and sales of all Virto products these customers;
- To increase the revenue from the sales of all the products;
- Obtain a list of all the company's active and inactive US customers for products and create a strategy of engagement with former and existing customers according with Sales and Marketing Director and with North America Sales Manager;
- Undertake a review and gain a full understanding of the Company's spare parts portfolio (the products and services offered, the margins, the average volume of units sold per year by product) and identify the portfolio's strengths and weaknesses and strategies for overcoming the weaknesses;
- Whenever possible, assist, work with and help motivate the sales team to grow the total sales of the business;
- Travel across US and Canada and various countries if required to attend sales meetings, exhibitions, various seminars and events;
- Meet any agreed sales targets set within the given deadline;
- Generate reports based on facts to be presented before the senior managers and shareholders;
- Maintain long lasting relationships with customers;
- Represent the company's business policies in various conferences, trade fairs, and networking events to attract more and more clients;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and attending exhibitions.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3 years history of selling powder/bulk handling or process industry equipment with a preference for screening equipment and in particular vibrating sieves;
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Proven track record of negotiations at senior level;
- Preference for a technical sales qualification;
- Meeting Sales Goals;
- Sales Planning;
- Managing Processes;
- Market Knowledge.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary, Bonus Structure, Health Plan, Car Allowance