You are here
Value Stream Manager
A leading medical device company located near the Bridgeport, CT area
Looking to a hire a strategic, highly technical Value Steam Manager
About Our Client
A leading medical device company located near the Bridgeport, CT area!
The Value Stream Manager will be responsible for the following -
- Direct and manage plant operations for safety, production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Direct, coordinate and control the execution of the manufacturing plan to meet agreed upon production schedules.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with management staff and supervisors to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop annual manufacturing budget, and ensure proper reporting of data necessary to track the performance of the manufacturing operation against budget. Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries. Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards. Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses. Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Manage production supervisors to accomplish operational goals and objectives. Provide leadership, training and development for these individuals.
- Administer plant policies in a firm, fair and consistent manner. Conduct regular meetings with all employees to ensure good, team work and cooperation throughout the manufacturing operation and between facilities and functions.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Value Stream Manager position will have the following background and experience -
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering, Manufacturing or Related Field
- 5 + years manufacturing experience including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees.
- Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, processes and equipment. Strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
- Background with process improvement programs and quality initiatives required.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application. Knowledgeable of production scheduling and shop operations.
Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
Able to foster open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change. Solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits and opportunities for career progression within a rapidly growing organization!