You are here
Vice President of Benefits & Payroll
Vice President of Benefits & Payroll - Global Investment Bank
Global Financial Services Firm Seeks VP of Benefits & Payroll in New York
About Our Client
Our client is a global investment bank located in Midtown Manhattan.
Vice President of Benefits & Payroll Responsibilities:
- Manage payroll function: supervise the work of payroll personnel, ensure semi-monthly payroll is processed accurately and timely, review payroll funding and deposits.
- Oversee benefits and employee programs administration: health care, disability, life and AD&D, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, 401(k) Plan, workers comp, COBRA, FMLA, etc.
- Effectively plan, implement, negotiate plans, and renewal premiums in accordance with the Bank's objectives.
- Ensure adherence to laws and regulations, maintain record keeping of all plans, and manage vendor's relationships.
- Handle regulatory reports e.g., 5500 filing, EEO-1, ACA 1094/1095, Non-Discrimination Testing of Plans, etc.
- Serve as a member and secretary of the 401(k) Plan Fiduciary Committee, handle record keeping of committee minutes, structure, charter, and policy changes.
- Manage personnel budget projection and actual personnel expense reports.
- Implement and update policies, procedures, and manuals applicable to payroll and benefits functions.
- Perform other managerial duties as deemed required by the Manager.
- Reports to: HR SVP-Group Head
The Successful Applicant
Skills Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Bachelor degree from a 4 year college or university in HR Management or related curriculum
- 10+ years of work experience in HR field or related area, at least 4 years experience in Payroll and Benefits functions, in a similar capacity.
- Proficient in communication skill (verbal/written)
- Proficient computer skill (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to payroll and benefits are required.
- Experience with HRIS required e.g. ADP Workforce Now or other payroll system, etc.
- SHRM membership a plus
- Work experience in banking/financial industry highly desirable
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits, global investment bank