You are here
Vice President - Corporate Accounting
Based in Boston
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in their respective field of investments. They boast a broad product suite including various investment funds and asset management, a brokerage and an insurance business.
Working in a team of 4 and reporting directly into the SVP - CFO of the firm, this role's primary responsibility will be to deliver value add accounting, financial reporting, and financial control services across the various businesses and service lines.
You will anticipate and proactively address changes required by new accounting standards and other regulatory bodies as well as initiatives driven by your business groups. The role interacts frequently with various stakeholders including senior management, differing business units, external auditor and the wider finance team (tax, internal audit, treasury etc).
The role also includes the following:
- A heightened focus on legal entities and associated inter-company transactions in response to both new auditing standards and new regulations.
- Additional efforts from the core accounting teams to support the controllership's efforts to assess and document controls over financial reporting.
- Implementation of new accounting standards that broadly impact the business e.g. new entities/structures/ countries etc. requiring new accounting support and reporting.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- CPA essential, ideally Big 4 trained
- 15 to 20+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience, including relevant financial services industry experience (Brokerage, Asset management, Insurance etc)
- Of the above, brokerage experience is highly desirable
- Experience in a large financial services organization, post public accounting, is also strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a complex, matrix orientated environment.
- Strong leadership capability
If you satisfy the above criteria, please feel free to send your resume in today for consideration and a call back within two working days (should you be deemed suitable).
What's on Offer
- Extremely competitive base salary, dependent upon applicant's current package
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Shares/ profit share scheme
- Generous 401K match (5%+)
- Retirement plan
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Profit sharing
- Gym reimbursement
- Study support scheme
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual salary review.