You are here
Vice President of Engineering
A large consumer goods company looking for a Technical Leader
Opportunity for growth and promotion
About Our Client
Our client is a global Consumer Goods Manufacturing company with an expanding pipeline of products looking to expand in the United States.
Reporting to the President of the Company the VP of Engineering will act as a leader of a multi-functional engineering property focused on research, development, and prototyping for new products for our client. This position will also provide a central role with new product development and completion of projects by using six sigma methodology and process improvement. Our client is looking for a visionary leader and will be task to build a team of engineers to focus on new projects. Overall, the Mechanical Engineering Leader will lead a team and as a leader within a highly visible part of the business, you'll drive problem solving methods and work cross functionally in a highly collaborative environment. The ideal R&D Manager will have a proven business acumen, high energy and a technical background with relevant experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the research and development of all products in not only the US site but heavily influence on all products worldwide.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology, staff, and resources necessary to continue the success of the business.
- Maintain good engineering practices and focus on time lines and high quality at all points of the design process.
- Work cross functionally throughout all departments of the company globally.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal profile would include:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within Mechanical Engineering; preferably with "hands on" R&D exposure and Leadership.
- Knowledge of capital machinery strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial / innovative mind-set, interest in growing a brand and organization
- Should be forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Upward mobility
- Chance to create your own team