You are here
Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Finance, New York, Cosmetics, Skincare, Beauty
VP, VP Finance, Vice President, Finance
About Our Client
$250mm revenue organization, with 2 U.S. offices, recent celebrity endorsed products, exciting upcoming partnerships and licensing deals.
The Vice President of Finance will be based in their modern minimalist Chelsea offices with great local lunch eateries and a nearby Blink Fitness gym.
You will be joining this business and report to the CFO - a seasoned industry executive who wants to bring about process improvement and change management to the established team.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Oversight of daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Serve as the primary contact for external accounting firm
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
- Coordinate tax preparation and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Work within existing treasury management structure to maintain overall system integrity
- Partner with Senior Manager, FP&A on the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Coordinate and execute the annual budget process in partnership with the Assistant Controller, CSO and Sr. Manager, FP&A
- Act as the primary liaison and decision maker for corporate insurance policies
- Lead annual and quarterly financial planning including preparation of all financial reports
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Work with the CEO and COO to develop and implement strategies to improve inventory, purchasing and supply chain management through current operational suite of management tools.
- Maintain and improve upon, in collaboration with the Sr. Manager, FP&A and CSO, the system of KPIs/Metrics that the organization will use to monitor performance
- Assist with Payroll and HRIS oversight and administration including compliance reporting and annual filings
- Maintain existing IT / POS infrastructure and liaise with outside IT / POS providers to further optimize
The Successful Applicant
- 8-12 years of professional experience in finance, with FMCG experience highly desirable
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to recognize areas for efficiency increases and improvements
- A keen interest in what we do- you will be a brand ambassador for us!
- Extensive accounting, financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting and planning experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
- Desire to grow and develop within your career - we are growing!
What's on Offer
Benefit from a beautiful office location and the opportunity to partner with social and engaging colleagues cross functionally.
Great benefits, Christmas to New Year shut down, discounts across a variety of leading retail stores that stock our products, summer Fridays, cellphone and laptop plans and the opportunity to work from home at your convenience.