You are here
Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Finance, New York, Food and Beverage
Vice President, VP, Finance, Finance Executive
About Our Client
Exciting and extensive long term growth plans, including new products lines, new licensing deals and future brick and mortar retail stores.
The Vice President of Finance will be based in their newly established offices in Union Square, with great in office startup style amenities.
You will be employee number 11, with 2 direct reports in finance and plans to further expand and develop your team in 2017 and beyond.
- Oversight of daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Serve as the primary contact for external accounting firm
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Coordinate tax preparation and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking
- Work within existing treasury management structure to maintain overall system integrity
- Act as the primary liaison and decision maker for corporate insurance policies
- Lead annual and quarterly financial planning including preparation of all financial reports
- Partner with Senior Manager, FP&A on the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Coordinate and execute the annual budget process in partnership with the Assistant Controller, CSO and Sr. Manager, FP&A
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Maintain and improve upon, in collaboration with the Sr. Manager, FP&A and CSO, the system of KPIs/Metrics that the organization will use to monitor performance
- Work with the CEO and COO to develop and implement strategies to improve inventory, purchasing and supply chain management through current operational suite of management tools.
- Maintain existing IT / POS infrastructure and liaise with outside IT / POS providers to further optimize
- Assist with Payroll and HRIS oversight and administration including compliance reporting and annual filings
The Successful Applicant
- 7-10 years of professional experience in finance, with food and beverage AND/OR startup experience particularly advantageous
- Self-starter attitude - you must be happy getting your hands dirty!
- Passion for food and restaurant scene in New York
- Extensive financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting and planning experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
- Experienced motivator of a team and confident customer facing and continually evolving to meet changing business needs.
What's on Offer
Benefit from flexible and relaxed working environment, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a progressive and ambitious New York based business.
Full healthcare plan, gym discount, summer Fridays, cellphone and laptop plans and the opportunity to work from home at your convenience.