You are here
Vice President of Finance
Finance, Vice President, Director, Luxury
Accounting, Corporate Finance
About Our Client
Over 100 employees in this gorgeous floor to ceiling windowed office, overseeing 4 direct reports and indirectly a team of 11, with future plans to grow and develop the team.
- Lead the monthly forecast process by managing the compilation of financial results for a mid-sized private equity owned business, understanding drivers of change within the financial results, presenting to leadership, and maintaining corporate deliverables and deadlines.
- Oversee/develop annual and seasonal sales, margin, inventory plans, partnering across functions to ensure alignment of those plans with marketing, sales and IT.
- Develop and implement inventory procurement process/controls and trend analyses.
- Set up system to monitor and review replenishment inventory, including understanding weekly/monthly sales trends to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Drive profitable revenue growth through insightful and proactive analysis of sales opportunities and risks/contingencies and through insightful reporting and analysis of revenue results and key drivers.
- Lead a successful annual budgeting process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, maintaining flexibility in a fast-pasted environment, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity for leadership, and meeting corporate deadlines.
- Prepare the P&L forecast for the business, analyzing trends, and challenging assumptions.
- Present the P&L monthly to leadership highlighting financial performance and risk/opportunity.
- Act as primary liaison to CEO and CFO to understand their needs and work to support any ad hoc analyses and requests.
- Develop key performance metrics and implement controls to ensure divisions achieve their financial and operational goals including improved profitability, customer profitability, sales margin analysis, cash flow, samples expense and inventory management.
- Engage in the strategic planning process evaluating current and future strategic initiatives.
- Prepare presentations and supporting exhibits for monthly leadership team review.
The Successful Applicant
- 7-10 years of professional experience in finance, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and progression.
- Extensive financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting and planning experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
- Experienced motivator of a team and confident customer facing and continually evolving to meet changing business needs.
Extensive accounting, financial reporting and analysis experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory
What's on Offer
Benefit from twice annual trips to Europe, generous benefits including Subway reimbursement, Equinox discount, Summer Fridays, cellphone and laptop plans, unlimited vacation days and the opportunity to work from home at your discretion.