You are here
Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis - Media
International Television/Media Network
Seeking VP of FP&A for growing media network
About Our Client
Our client is a new, but fast growing player, in the media network. Based at their Brooklyn, New York studios, this up and coming network has destroyed pre-conceived notions about what it takes to run a TV and multimedia network. Despite coming to air less than a decade ago, our client has made significant inroads to make real changes to what television looks like. In a world of cord cutting, our client has made themselves a staple in peoples lives. As they continue to grow (specifically in the 18-34 year old market) they are looking to establish themselves financially as well.
This VP level role will have joint responsibilities in both Brooklyn, and the United Kingdom. This position will hit all areas of the business. Some of these include: studio operations, network operations and international expansion.
Day to Day responsibilities will include:
- Month end close activities for the studio and television network
- Preperation of journal entries and summary financials
- Liaison between the network and joint partners ensuring accurate and timely sharing of financial transaction details
- Working with the production accounting team to prepare monthly balance sheets
- Participate in P&L consolidation with international entities and partners
- Develop network annual operating budget
This job will require travel to the UK approximately 10% of work time.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate will be able to adapt to a changing media landscape, and understand nuances of international programming.
- Minimum of 8 years working across financial reporting processes
- Ideally mixed public and private company experience
- Successful leadership experiences (preferably in European media sectors)
- Extensive knowledge of US & UK GAAP
- Proficiency in accounting systems, spreadsheets, billing systems
- Hands-on involvement at multiple levels of a finance team
- Strong communications skills
What's on Offer
Salary based on experience, starting at $150,000.
Full benefits package (401k, health, vision, dental)
Based in Brooklyn, NY