You are here
Vice President of Global Accounting Policy - Financial Services
- Boston based, globally renowned, Financial Institution
- Excellent career progression in high exposure role
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest financial services entities in the world. Highly reputable and a leader in its field, they are aggressively expanding their Accounting Policy team at the VP level. They hope to build on their market leading team, to reflect their eminent position in the market.
The Controllers Organization within the Bank is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Policy professional to join the Global Accounting Policy team. The team is responsible for setting and evaluating accounting policies, interpreting and developing guidance on emerging accounting standards and providing consultation and advice on technical accounting issues affecting the Bank.
As trusted business advisors, the team is highly valued for playing a critical role in driving the company's strategy by advising on new business initiatives and product development, as well as positioning the company for future accounting changes. This is a senior level role that provides broad exposure to all business lines and significant transactions.
The current team is comprised of experienced accounting policy professionals with Big 4 backgrounds who nurture a collaborative team environment, thus providing a supportive transition into an accounting policy role for someone looking to take the next step in their career. This position offers the best aspects of public accounting (flexible schedules, dynamic projects, strong learning environment), without the drawbacks (billable hours, long nights, extensive travel).
The ideal candidate will be a strong, decisive, results-oriented individual who is comfortable developing and strengthening relationships across the global enterprise and with a wide variety of partners, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Global Accounting Policy. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with finance partners and other internal clients to understand the business and provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives
- Work independently to research and analyze proposed and/or completed transactions, and author technical accounting memorandums documenting those transactions
- Take an active role in the implementation of new accounting standards and the development of accounting policies
- Monitor, assess and communicate the effects of proposed US GAAP and IFRS accounting standard changes
- Influence the accounting standard setting process by preparing comment letters to the FASB and IASB and representing the Bank externally on accounting policy issues through participation in various industry groups
- Prepare and deliver training programs and other communications to educate the global finance organization on accounting changes
- Work in a fast paced, challenging and collaborative team environment with multiple and competing priorities.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
- CPA required (non-negotiable)
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including technical accounting and/or policy experience
- A passion for problem-solving, performing independent technical research and writing extensively
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely; comfortable with public speaking/delivering presentations
- Experience in the financial service industry or with financial instruments a strong plus
- Big 4 accounting firm experience a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize competing deliverables and meet deadlines.
What's on Offer
Dependent upon the successful candidate, the Bank can offer the following:
- $150,000 - $170,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Vice President title
- Generous benefits package
- Work-life balance arrangements.