You are here
Vice President of Marketing
Established real estate investment advisor with over 100 years of expertise
One of the largest real estate investment advisor in North America
About Our Client
Our client is one North America's largest real estate investment advisors and is one of the top three players in environmental real estate in the world.
The VP of Marketing will be a trail blazer for the strategic marketing plan and overall growth of the company strategy. With the massive task of structuring the business as well as centralizing institutional sales, this is a significant and highly visible hire for the company.
- Leadership: Provide clear direction, motivation and mentorship for direct and indirect teams while maintaining a positive work environment, an appropriate alignment of roles and expertise and an inspirational example to drive recruitment and retention of top-tier professionals. Set appropriate context and work expectations in order to achieve organizational and business goals, including leadership of all relevant formal and informal performance management processes.
- Management: Develop and maintain the processes, methodologies, measures and feedback mechanisms necessary to assess and report on the effectiveness of brand and marketing programs. Ensure operational effectiveness, including the planning, organization, orchestration and financial management required for effective project leadership across a diverse portfolio. Establish and maintain effective external relationships as the senior relationship leader responsible for partnerships with agencies, consultants and other service providers.
- Business development: Help facilitate the Request for Proposal and finalist process - content, design and production. Apply the company message consistency through general content; audit sales materials and update content, visuals and templates on a quarterly basis; draft new content to support proposals and presentations; develop a centralized program for supporting strategic and more custom bids; and create a library of common content.
- Brand development: In collaboration with the parent company's Marketing team, collaborate on new and enhanced brand attributes and elements; brand roll out plans; and company-wide brand guidelines and applications. Apply brand standards to all investor-facing materials.
- Brand visibility: Manage regional/local specific sponsorship opportunities and speaking engagements, tracking and reporting activities
- Investor Communications: Develop process, guidelines and templates to effectively communicate with investors. Using an established communications framework, develop investor relations communications focused on regulatory news, material investment updates, business/market news, and product development etc.
- Digital strategy: Contribute to a broader digital strategy for the company. Manage regional specific digital properties that support business development (e.g. SharePoint, webcasts etc.) with guidance and support from Corporate Communications.
- Sustainability: Embrace and proactively support the company's culture of fiscal, environmental and social responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The VP of Marketing will have:
- A proven leader with 7+ years of progressively senior experience in communications, marketing or brand-focused roles within professional corporate environments of comparable size and scope.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization with accountability to multiple stakeholders.
- Exposure to real estate, investment or other B2B financial services environments is an asset.
- In-depth experience in the development and delivery of integrated multi-channel programs based on extensive knowledge of marketing and sales enablement principles, processes and execution.
- Proven team leadership experience, with the ability to inspire, mentor and motivate.
- Exceptional communicator, both orally and in writing, with demonstrated ability to convey complex conceptual information and ideas effectively in broad and complex business environments.
- An effective "player-coach"; adaptable and resilient, with the ability to move fluidly between big-picture strategic perspective and pragmatic, efficient operational discipline.
- Discretion and judgement to appreciate and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, a high degree of personal integrity and the professional discipline required to manage highly-visible ownership and accountability for results.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and creative judgment, with a drive to create and shape new opportunities while respectfully challenging the status quo.
- Instinctive relationship builder, with ability to develop rapport and loyalty in all interactions based on insight, empathy and understanding of what is important at levels ranging from individual to broad business areas.
- Experience in working with external agencies at a senior level with responsibility to negotiate and define services while providing rigorous financial and operational oversight.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary + competitive bonus
- Full benefits
- 401k + match