You are here
Vice President - Strategic Finance
- Private Equity Consulting
- Strategic Finance
About Our Client
Our client is a top consulting firm focused on executing value-creation initiatives for private equity firms at their portfolio companies, particularly within the finance function. They act as an extension of mid and large-cap sponsors' internal resources and operations groups, working shoulder-to-shoulder with portfolio company management to implement new mandates and facilitate decision-making.
This firm is built around two main practices areas, Strategic Finance (which is the core heritage of the firm) and Financial Accounting & Advisory Services. The two practices co-deliver the Performance Improvement Services. Their project pipeline has consistently increased, which is why they are looking to add multiple professionals on the Associate and VP level.
- Provide project leadership and execute on client engagements, including directing and overseeing teams of consultants, managing work streams to agreed timelines, performing quality control of client deliverables and leading the presentation of deliverables.
- Act as relationship manager, responsible for addressing client and financial sponsor needs and associated communications throughout the course of engagements.
- Drive business know-how and best practices in the execution of all client engagements.
- Work with Business Development team to cultivate client relationships and drive marketing efforts for potential new engagements.
- Work closely with client management teams to assess project needs and lead the development of proposals and work plans for potential client engagements.
- Work with Consulting Execution team on practice development initiatives, including development of execution toolkits and resources for key service areas, as well as the build-out and ongoing maintenance of the firm's consulting knowledge hub.
- Lead/participate in consultant teach-ins and other training exercises.
- Mentor junior consultants and actively participate in career development.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for new consultants, as well as the performance review process for engagement teams.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics. MBA a plus.
- 6+ years experience at a top tier private equity firm, investment bank and/or consulting firm.
- Track record of interacting with private equity funds and private equity owned businesses a plus.
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills.
- Track record of managing others towards beautiful delivery.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Client focused, results-driven, and extreme attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills with financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills.
What's on Offer
very attractive all-in compensation