You are here
VP Business Development/Credit Admin
Great mix between Relationship Management and Underwriting!
Multinational banking institution with 15Bn AUM
About Our Client
My client is a large multinational banking group based on a diversified and integrated cross-border business platform. The bank has over 2000 branches worldwide, and is a market leader in international commercial banking for both individuals and corporations. With over 15Bn in AUM globally, the Los Angeles branch looks after loans of $100M+ and needs an experienced VP to lead the Middle-Desk Credit dept. and Relationship Management efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and examine credit facilities to ensure the quality of loan portfolios, credit worthiness, credit risk classification, and loan structure at the branch level;
- Monitor and manage existing portfolio including periodic reporting of risk profiles, trends, industry developments and concentration to ensure appropriate loan classification;
- Identify actual and potential loan problems at the earliest possible time and making recommendations to remediate credit weaknesses; work closely with Account Officers to identify alternatives to resolve problem loan situations;
- Ensure adequacy of credit documentation for each loan portfolio;
- Review and approve the New Loan Closing Memo, Annual Account Review, Compliance Certificates, Borrower Base Certificates, and etc. so as to provide guidance to Account Officers and Associates if further risk assessments are warranted;
- Implement and refine the existing work procedures and systems to enforce timely completion of due diligence according to the Bank's compliance procedures and guidelines;
- Provide training to all Business Development Department personnel of the Bank's credit policies and related procedures, guidelines, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide step-by-step guidance to Account Officers and Associates in completing KYC due diligence requirements;
- Review, monitor and approve KYC packages for existing and new customers of the Los Angeles Branch;
- Supervise teammates in reviewing credit files of new credit facilities, loan documentation requirements, and follow up any pending and outstanding credit documents (e.g. Annual Account Review, Collateral, Insurance and Periodic Financial documents from customers);
- Supervise teammates in borrowing funds on a daily basis from New York Branch and/or Safe Funds to support outstanding loan balances;
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Bank.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ Years experience in credit risk management
- Ability to review and monitor loan portfolios according to bank regulations
- Experience with pre and post-funding process management
- Ability to monitor credit risk rating on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Experience with non-performing/special asset loans
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Strong underwriting skills
- Experience with large loan sizes ($100M+)
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation based upon experience!