You are here
VP Client Finance
Advertising Agency is seeking VP Finance
Exciting opportunity to lead NA Client Finance team and report into CFO
About Our Client
One of the world's most exciting advertising agencies with offices across the country and world is seeking a VP Client Finance to sit in the New York City office.
- Develop "best in class" processes and dashboards allowing real time tracking of financial performance and financial outlook.
- Take ownership of the revenue forecasting process.
- Ensure compliance with client contractual terms of business.
- Play a leading role in relation to client budget reconciliation discussions.
- Manage specific Client financial reporting requirements.
- Develop processes and metrics to help track profitability of key accounts & projects, to reinforce financial accountability of account leaders.
- Educate Agency staff on how their decisions impact agency financial performance, and improve financial awareness across the board.
- Develop tools to assess pricing levels for Agency offering.
- In relation to new business opportunities, work closely with the New Business team to identify the optimal pricing strategy.
- In relation to client contracts or financial proposals: lead the negotiation process, making sure agreed upon terms are in line with Agency objectives.
- Lead or be part of key vendor contract negotiations, making sure agreed upon terms and conditions are in line with Agency standards.
- Develop and implement best in class operational processes in relation to Working Capital and cash management. * Hire, retain and develop "A" players on the New York commercial finance team.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal VP Client Finance will have:
- Proactively make recommendations to senior business leaders regarding operational improvements, and other initiatives which can help agency maximize growth opportunities.
- MBA or CPA preferred; 12+ years finance experience
- 8+ years agency experience, on the commercial finance / client finance side of the business
- 8+ years supervisory experience
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills and adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Great presentation and delivery skills. Must be very comfortable in meeting and conference call situations.
- Ability to perform well in fast changing environments.
- Ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think on your feet
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience