You are here
VP - Client Service Manager, Investment Outsourcing
Leading global asset management firm
Prior experience managing back/middle office teams required
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global asset management firm located in the downtown Chicago loop.
- Recruit, train, mentor and develop managers and employees.
- Define performance standards, conduct performance reviews and handle salary administration for individuals and Managers.
- Provide management, leadership and guidance to staff, creates an environment that encourages employee engagement, teamwork, and communication.
- Develop staffing and succession plans.
- Proactively prepare to ensure an effective onboarding experience for new Partners and Managers.
- Oversee the delivery of IOO middle office services.
- Create and negotiate the Service Level Agreements (SLAs), measure service delivery against SLAs, take corrective actions where needed to address service deficiencies.
- Generate, interpret and action Management Information Statistics (MIS) metrics; monitor key metrics for trends and act accordingly.
- Create, document, maintain and improve process flows, operating procedures and controls.
- Champion, sponsor and/or participant on business and technology enhancement initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate operational controls in order to manage and mitigate risk
- Research, analyze and resolve complex client inquiries.
- Perform cost benefit and impact analysis related to new client service requests.
- Build working relationships with clients.
- Responsible for the delivery and continuous enhancement of IOO middle office operations and client services.
- Serve as a point of escalation, maintain and monitor issues log, chair weekly / bi-weekly issues meetings and work to promptly resolve client servicing issues.
- Responsible for creating and reporting on client satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct Quarterly Service Reviews, Due Diligence meetings, and other client meetings as required.
- Responsible for creating and executing a Client Service Team Operating & Action Plan that seeks to improve service quality, operating efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Build relationships with Relationship Managers (RMs), Shared Service Managers and support groups.
- Responsible for obtaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of IOO products and services and how they are manufactured and delivered.
- Ensure internal and client issues are communicated and escalated in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the Shared Services Engagement model, responsible for coordinating shared service delivery across servicing teams.
The Successful Applicant
- A college or university degree and/or 7-15+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of prior management experience
- Prior Financial Industry Operations, Asset Management and/or Investment Operations experience
- Previous client management and client service experience in a service oriented environment
- Extensive technical knowledge of financial services, asset management and investment operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and organizational skills to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards achieving the goals set
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing individuals at multiple levels in an organization
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits