You are here
VP of Construction/Developer
Promising Career as a VP of Construction/Development
VP of Development for Construction General Contractor
About Our Client
VP of Construction & Development Role in San Francisco for Commercial General Contractor. Extremely profitable company looking to expand team to keep up with new, thriving business. With near 50 years of experience, their projects range from athletic facilities to hotels to charter schools and commercial. Project size range from 4-50 million and include 'Ground-up', 'Tenant Improvement' and 'Rehab' across the greater San Francisco area. Strong reputation in market consisting of strong relationships with clients, in addition to promoting from within.
VP of Construction and Development in San Francisco for General Contractor with the following responsibilities..
- Hire, manage, and evaluate superintendent staff.
- Create and maintain a safe and secure worksite.
- Manage all on site construction related activities, subcontractors, and venders.
- Prepare Architects and General Contractor contract drafts for Executive Vice President (EVP) approval.
- Purchase and schedule all long lead items.
- Obtain all project related permits and licenses from Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs).
- Understand and administer the terms of each ground and space lease to effectively deliver the ground up Core & Shell construction projects and tenant interiors projects.
- Review and approve General Contractor, Architect and consultant pay requisitions and submit to EVP for final approval.
- Produce project master schedule in coordination with leasing agent, Architect, and General Contractor.
- Hold weekly site safety meetings, subcontractor site meetings, and Tenant update meetings.
- Enforce subcontractor compliance with building and safety codes from all AHJs.
- Implement on site quality control and adherence to plans and specifications.
- Track and control project budget for each Tenant Interior project.
- Document project progress and update schedule for review.
- Ensure that procurement of materials, supplies and equipment meets project needs.
- Direct, measure, and report progress towards project goals.
- The VP of construction management operations helps
- write up contracts,
- put together designs,
- ..and work directly with clients to ensure projects meet their expectations.
The Successful Applicant
VP of Construction/Development in San Francisco for General Contractor with the following criteria..
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- 10+ -years' experience working as Senior Project Manager or Project Manager for a Real Estate Developer or General Contractor working on healthcare construction projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project controls, project management, construction documentation, and sequencing
- Working knowledge of alternate materials/methods, construction costs, value-engineering techniques, Building/Occupancy laws, and lease requirements
- Ability to demonstrate skills in managing successful projects; meet client expectations and timelines; procure and engage design, construction, and consultant services
- Ability to maintain professionalism in the face of deadlines; exhibit good listening, negotiation, and problem-solving skills; and handle confidential information with discretion and trustworthiness
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of personal integrity and business ethics who thrives in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and develop long-term relationships with clients and other business partners
- Excellent time management, documentation, communication, organization, and personal effectiveness skills, as well as good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Project) and project management tools
What's on Offer
The VP role for this construction client will receive the following offer..
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Gas Card
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Company paid Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Paid Holidays