You are here
VP - Energy Coverage Group
Boutique bank with Outstanding Client Base
Solid Analyst & Associate Support for Execution
About Our Client
Vice President (VP) Energy Coverage Group. Our client is a boutique investment bank based in Chicago. They have over 40 deal professionals, and are set for a 3rd successive year of record growth. Primarily focused on energy and utilities, the firm is well positioned to take advantage of companies looking for financing options of individual assets as well as clients who are looking to expand their alternative energy or traditional energy platforms through strategic acquisitions.
VP (Vice President) Energy Coverage Group. The firm has a solid based of analysts and associates to assist in execution with a robust - clear - consistent approach to performance and a culture based around delivery and customer service. The VP will work hand in glove up and down the food chain with the MD's and the Analyst and Associate pool to ensure all parties are executing as efficiently as possible.
- Delivers Results:
- Lead structuring and execution of transactions, while assisting senior bankers with origination of new business.
- Act as an leader and owner of deals, processes and people
- Ensure that proposed client solutions meet or exceed internal risk and return standards, including stringent ethical standards.
- Builds Great Teams: Effectively manage Analysts and Associates, delegating and reviewing their work as well as creating a culture of collaboration in the team.
- Drives Client Value: Build credibility and establish trust with clients by identifying client needs and proactively providing strategic solutions on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance issues, capital raising (issuance of equity and debt securities), risk management and other financial issues.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have 3+ years of experience in Investment Banking, ideally within Energy, but open to a solid educational and coverage experience.
- Investment Banking, preferably with Energy experience.
- Strong credit, negotiations, communications, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with large corporate clients, capital raising and M&A transactions
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, able to work independently and think strategically
- Take pride in all aspects of their work, recognizing it is a reflection not just of the firm but of themselves
- Are committed to their own personal success and the success of the institution as a whole
- View our clients as their first priority
- Understand the global nature and demands of business today
- Are analytical and enjoy working with numbers and solving problems
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration from an outstanding institution
- Master's degree in Business Administration; or alternatively 6+ years in Analyst and Associate role at prior investment banking institution.
What's on Offer
Our client is flexible on compensation but is looking for a great team member, they are willing and able to meet street expectations, with a target salary of $175,000 + 100%+ Bonus potential. If you are the right person, money will not be an issue.