You are here
VP of Finance
USD95,000 - USD105,000
VP of Finance Needed!
Non-Profit Experience Required!
About Our Client
Large non-profit in Allentown, PA
- Provide leadership to create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the agency to include budgeting, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Oversee and approve changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the agency
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal funding reporting requirements.
- Interprets all government statutes, regulations, transmittal notices and memorandums pertaining to the financial and administrative operations. Develops policies and operating procedures based on this guidance.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Develop and implement benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Lead financial audits to successful completion, including completion of 990.
- Develop and monitor the agency's indirect budget. Complete and submit the annual Indirect Cost Rate proposal.
- Assist in obtaining necessary licenses and insurance to operate the agency.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide program leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas. Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department goals and objectives.
- Monitor for OMB compliance and ensure compliance with program performance standards as related to the financial areas.
- Negotiate and provide oversight for all agency contracts. Provide necessary financial analysis.
- Develop and implement agency wide procurement policies.
Oversee the Information Technology function to ensure that:
- Necessary IT products and services are provided to ensure a secure, reliable, effective implementation of technology that meets the needs of the agency.
- Adequate staffing is provided for the necessary level of support. This may include the management of external resources.
- Agency IT needs are assessed, analyzed, and solutions are planned.
- In conjunction with the VP, Human Resources, investigate, analyze and prepare recommendations for fringe benefit programs.
- In cooperation with the CEO/President, act as an integral member of the Executive Council establishing policy and setting strategic direction.
- Ensure that staff within purview receive regular supervision conferences, timely annual evaluations and appropriate training plans/professional development.
- Serve as staff liaison for Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Fiscal Management or related financial field required, CPA preferred.
- Ten-plus years' senior management experience, in non-profit finance.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and uniform guidance related to non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Leadership skills. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package available
Full time, permanent opportunity