You are here
VP, Financial Planning and Analysis
Top Tier Global Investment Bank located in Midtown Manhattan
FP&A within the bank's Fixed Income business
About Our Client
Top Tier Global Investment Bank located in Midtown Manhattan.
The role is high profile and gives a very good exposure to the senior leaders of the business/functions in the US. The new hire will be predominantly focusing on the following topics:
- New activity/products analysis - booking aspects, technical accounting and P&L recognition; coordination of finance input.
- Support and partnership with other groups on current and pipeline projects related to Fixed Income business, such as multiple client clearing initiatives, secondary loan trading, ALDOP feeds, conduits onboarding and others.
- Identifying inefficiencies in the existing processes (either from control or accounting stand point), followed by implementation of the solution to mitigate the issue/inefficiency.
- IHC Balance Sheet/P&L Analysis and Projections for Fixed Income businesses in the region.
- Ad hoc queries from business/finance/treasury groups.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field of study.
- Should have at least 7 years of professional experience, preferably with Big 4 companies or large financial institutions.
- Should be familiar with basic fixed income products, such as Repo and Bonds (understanding of credit and structured products/derivatives is a plus).
- Should be fluent in technical accounting aspects (US GAAP of IFRS; both is a plus), able to present the trade through accounting schemas/T-accounts.
- Should be eager to quickly learn new products and understand the accounting/booking approaches for these.
- The position requires good communication skills and very strong knowledge of Excel and Power Point.
- Understanding of Basel III capital and liquidity rules, a plus.
- Understanding of tax transfer pricing principles, a plus.
- VBA knowledge, a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary + bonus + benefits