You are here
VP Financial Reporting
USD90,000 - USD120,000
Leading Investment Bank
Big 4 or CPA qualified a plus
About Our Client
This is a leading Investment Bank with a Global reach, based in Midtown.
- Preparation of Financial Products and Head Office financials, includes Balance Sheet and Income Statement, Supplemental financial schedules disclosure, and FINREP (Supplemental regulatory disclosure).
- Review new booking activities in order to determine the correct accounting method to apply.
- Review new transactions in order to determine the appropriate Fee recognition.
- Responsible for the intercompany reporting and reconciliation process.
- Preparation of legal entity P&L snapshot report.
- Preparation of the Defined Benefit and Compensation Plans Financial statements.
- Analyze balance sheet, off balance sheet & income statement quarterly and annual fluctuations.
- Assist on preparation of quarterly reports including Balance Sheet Analytics, unaudited financial statements on a US GAAP basis.
- Research and update accounting policies, including preparation of Accounting Memo which document and support research and policy conclusions.
- Participate in system integration projects and in various initiatives to improve and automate reporting processes.
- Assist manager on handling requests from auditors and examiners.
- Assist manager on ad hoc request as directed by CFO, or Head Office.
The Successful Applicant
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and financial statement accounting principles /procedures.
- Experience with database management, data sourcing and/or application testing.
- High level degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and database systems used in financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while exhibiting good judgment and poise in a somewhat fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- CPA Preferred
- College degree in Accounting
- Current experience 3 to 7 years, preferably in the Big 4, Banking or CPA firm.
What's on Offer
Competitive base, bonus and benefits.