You are here
VP of Internal Audit
Seeking a VP of Internal Audit for a growing Healthcare organization
Healthcare and Audit expereince is REQUIRED
About Our Client
Our client is a Healthcare organization with expertise in wound healing. They drive wound science forward by developing successful wound healing treatment and prevention techniques. Wound Care Centers across the country work tirelessly to heal more wounds and change more lives than ever before. Our client is committed to working for the advancement of wound healing treatment. They are constantly creating, sharing and activating wound prevention and care expertise everywhere they can. It is their mission to assist every patient who can benefit from their care and knowledge.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with our client's business objectives, and ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of our client's Board of Directors and its Audit Committee. This position reports to the Audit Committee, and will have his/her compensation, mission, career path, and employment determined by the Committee. [The role reports functionally to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Designs, develops, implements and operates the Internal Audit function in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing ("the Standards").
- Develops, implements, maintains and monitors policies and procedures for the operation of the Internal Audit (IA) function.
- Contributes to strategic direction of our client's Internal Audit function in the establishment of risk based auditing, which include reporting methodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with our client's business objectives, and communicated to the Company's leadership in a transparent, comprehensive and objective manner.
- Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including corporate and field executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the organization as a whole.
- Establishes, serves on and supports an executive-level corporate IA committee in meeting the Committee's objectives as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs audit activities supporting in accordance with the Standards, our client's policies, and relevant regulations. Responsible for providing valued and timely independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality, value-added multiple concurrent audits on time and to specification.
- Ensures the delivery of audit reports that are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise.
- Ensures timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and IA issue validation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on other remediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors, consultants and other parties.
- Initially leads external consultants in the documentation, initial testing, and re-testing of controls to meet SOX requirements.
- Initially performs some internal control testing him/her self.
- Over time, build internal audit department or manages 3rd party to perform annual testing of SOX related controls.
- Over time, manages multiple teams of professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Identifies internal talent and fills key positions, attracts talent with required expertise to meet the risk profile of the business, and develops appropriate succession plans.
- Opportunity over time to expand role beyond SOX to entity risk and operational internal audits.
- Promotes individual growth within the IA function and is a recognized leader in training and developing others.
- Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management best practices across IA Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of their regulators.
- Works closely and collegially within IA and with line management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance.
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
- Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of our client's Audit Committee Charters and the IA Charter.
- Works in support of the Company's Legal and Compliance functions to direct, assess and report all auditing and audit-related activities.
- Supports the company's external auditors in the execution of the annual financial statement audit.
- Develops and maintains a quality assurance (QA) program that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity and continuously monitor its effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant
- CPA or CIA (Required)
- 10+ years Audit Leadership experience
- Experience in Healthcare (Required)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and experience communicating/presenting with senior executives
- Proven ability to lead/drive cross functional teams
- Team building skills that effectively influence and engage others in issue resolution
- Ownership and results driven
- Public accounting experience (Required)
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience