You are here
VP - Leverage Finance
Global Investment Bank
Leverage Finance Group - VP - Strong Culture
About Our Client
Our client is a global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 100 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The Leverage Finance team is highly ranked and experiencing a rapid growth period based of exceptional execution and delivery.
The Leveraged Finance team is actively looking for an experienced Vice President for the Chicago.
Lead the execution of leveraged finance transactions for financial sponsor and corporate clients Lead key aspects of business and financial due diligence and credit underwriting processes Review and negotiate legal documentation including commitments papers and credit agreements / indentures Prepare and deliver client presentations, draft marketing materials and participate in due diligence and drafting sessions Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching
These responsibilities afford direct and active interaction with clients (CEOs, CFOs, private equity firms, etc.) where Vice Presidents are expected to attend and participate in client meetings and contribute to building and maintaining client relationships. You will work on several projects simultaneously with teams of professionals, both within the group and across the firm, including Managing Directors, Associates and Analysts, collaborating to develop and execute solutions to meet client needs.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or University AND 5+ years of experience in leveraged finance or a sector coverage group or credit underwriting at BDC / direct lender
- MBA degree (or equivalent graduate degree) from an accredited college or university AND 3+ years of experience in leveraged finance or a sector coverage group or credit underwriting at BDC / direct lender
- Experience in credit underwriting, Financial modeling coursework, training, or experience Lives in
- Chicago or willing to relocate
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
- Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously Demonstrated team player and leader Positive attitude and problem solver
What's on Offer
The company pays for performance, but as a guide is usually at or above street with 100% bonus potential. They will not lose a candidate on comp. The bank however does promote work life balance (within reason) and has recognized that a good team is often one that is motivated to stay together.