You are here
VP of Multifamily Construction
- Rapidly growing Developer focused on High-end projects for the Southeast
- Respected developer looking for a Vice President of Multifamily Construction
About Our Client
My client currently is a North Carolina based developer with a large portfolio that stretches across the entire Southeast. My client owns and manages over 5000 units and builds approximately 15 projects a year valued over 500 million dollars a year. My client is looking to hire and experienced executive who can help manage their current pipeline and implement and aggressive growth strategy for the future.
Key responsibilities for the Vice President of Construction will include:
- Work with the leadership team to set clear business direction and strategy to result in team engagement and commitment
- Set clear goals to achieve set milestones, and oversee the execution of these goals and monitor progress
- Serve as the multifamily construction expert, develop the team's expertise and share market knowledge across the business
- Ensure corporate vision and strategies are clearly communicated throughout the business
- Participate in the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial phases including land contract negotiation, entitlements, and building permit approvals to the commencement of construction
- Prepares Project Status Reports and recommends the release of construction funds.
- Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Identifies and evaluates the organizational requirements for staffing and management, finances, client relationship management, and image.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to work independently
- Strong judgment and make dependable decisions in urgent and emergency situation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A drive to exceed expectations and a willingness to lead others to do so
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining full accountability for delegated tasks
- Attention to detail
- Managing and mentoring entry level staff
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience working at the Senior Project Management level working for either a general contractor or developer
- Advance knowledge of the construction industry and company operations
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Extensive experience in the Charlotte area with building and multifamily construction
- Relevant project portfolio in large scale multifamily or other types of projects will be considered based on experience
- Timberline and ProCore experience
What's on Offer
- Great Compensation package with allowances and availability to relocate candidates.
- Lots of growth opportunities for the position as well as an expanding portfolio.