You are here
VP Operational Risk - Global Investment Bank
- Vice President, Operational Risk
- Global Investment Bank
About Our Client
Our client is a global investment bank currently looking to expand its operational risk teams rapidly in the Northeast. Thus, there is tremendous potential for growth within the risk practice.
It is of upmost importance for this client to help its employees grow by constantly investing in them through training and developing a vast network.
The Vice President will be expected to interface and partner with with Senior Risk management across the Risk team to ensure successful regulatory interactions.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide guidance and interpretation of regulations as they relate to the operational risk practice.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and ensure client's compliance with such organizationsDevelopment and implementation of RCSA models
- Review and test annual self-assessments against rules related to all aspects of operational risk management.
- Maintenance of KRIs and analyze effectiveness
- Participate in panels to ensure all compliance gaps are correctly identified and appropriate remediation plans are put in place.
- Analysis of new regulations related to Operational Risk, alerting key stakeholders to proposed regulatory changes and working with them to identify risks and opportunities.
- Prepare and participate in regular briefing on regulatory operational risk interactions and commitments with management.
The Successful Applicant
- 5- 8 years of relevant industry experience. A consulting firm or regulator as well is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of operational risk measurement techniques as well as US regulations
- Experience with business analytics and internal procedure analysis
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once with strong work ethic
- Very detail oriented and ability to keep up to date with requirements set out by regulators and articulating the impact of those requirements internally at various levels.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- Solid project management skills, proven organization, coordination and action tracking skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suits; advanced Excel skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive compensation with bonus eligibility and excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with company match.