You are here
VP of Product Engineering
USD150,000 - USD250,000
Consumer Products experience required
Experience developing and leading a global cross functional team required
About Our Client
Our client are a Fortune 500 consumer and industrial products organization
- Lead the mechanical system design and execution effort from early prototyping through mass production
- Organize, prioritize and contribute to the work of the team, composed of internal resources, contractors and suppliers.
- Work closely with industrial design to enable novel and producible solutions
- Initiate and manage contracts with external engineering resources, including the negotiation of Service agreements and Statements of Work
- Represent the mechanical engineering team cross functionally, notably with product and program management, industrial design, other engineering functions and operations.
- Prepare and track budget for internal and external spending.
- Effectively employ written and verbal communications to collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, including reports and demos to keep the team up to date with the mechanical developments
- Research, explore & prove out new technologies, materials, components and processes for inclusion in future projects
The Successful Applicant
- BSME, MSME or equivalent with at least 15 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Consistent track record in establishing teams and leading mechanical designs for complex multi-functional projects.
- Hands on 3D CAD design expertise in Solidworks, ProE and/or FX
- Knowledge of the design of electromechanical assemblies required.
- Knowledge of a broad range of materials and processes: injection molding, rapid prototyping, thermoforming, extrusion, metal forming and a wide range of material finishing.
- Experienced in international collaboration and global project work. Willing to travel internationally in support of project requirements as needed.
- Has an innate interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs and the strategies of competitors.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus