You are here
VP Strategic Initiatives
Leading Wealth Management Company
Managing and operating alternative products
About Our Client
The client is a leading American global investment management company.
We are looking for a candidate to work as part of a global team that will be able to make an immediate contribution to the various project tasks to ensure the implementation is successful. This includes effectively understanding the business and specific issues that need to be addressed, developing a strategy, managing project plans and resources, tracking key milestones, leveraging firm resources and skills to address the issue, and efficiently deploying the solution across the Alternatives Operations team.
The responsibilities of a Vice President in the Strategic Initiatives Group include:
- Understanding the various Alternatives strategies within BAI and the challenges faced by each team
- Learning and understanding the needs of the business to successfully scale the platform
- Comprehend complex alternative products and structures
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Aladdin infrastructure and the future roadmap
- Serve as subject matter expertise around available technology for specific uses
- Provide management support for developing operating models in support of global investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain project timelines and plans for execution
- Leverage technology to create automation solutions for tactical initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- 7-10 years of work experience in financial services, heavy exposure to alternatives is a plus
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities
- Financial and management reporting experience and investment partnership accounting experience a MUST;
- Private Equity and/or Hedge Fund experience, minimum 3 years REQUIRED
- The ability to read, understand and follow complex partnership agreements and offering materials;
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creativity, an analytical mind and openness to using technology to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- High degree of comfort with technology is required. SQL proficiency is required
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently is required.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + bonus.