You are here
VP, Supply Chain
Large food/beverage company looking for a new direction in Supply Chain
Historic company headed in a new exciting direction, wants an impact player
About Our Client
Our client is currently a top company in their industry across the Midwest and some Eastern states, but little to no presence on the West coast. What started as a small family company, this company has strategically evolve their business model to keep up constant market changes and now finds themselves in a period of growth and optimization. Our client currently distributes their product through a variety of channels; direct to store, home delivery and company/franchised stores.
The VP, Supply Chain will be responsible for overall management of all supply chain functions; i.e. procurement, production, quality and logistics. This individual will be the mainstay and leader in regards to safety and quality across all functions of the business. This role will have direct reports and indirect reports north of 100 employees across the entire supply chain department.
Some active goals for the first year on the job are as follows:
- Provide leadership and direction to all facilities and all functions
- Reduce expenses including labor, ingredients, distribution, overhead etc.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Build the company's production strategy
- Invest in new capital
- Lead the implementation of new warehouse inventory management systems
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the follow traits but not limited to:
- A minimum of 10 years experience, with a strong preference on 15-18+ years of experience within a food environment
- Experience in launching a system implementation and being there to see continued success
- Ability to understand financial data
- Ability to lead a group of people in a positive and motivating fashion
- Substantial Lean and/or Six Sigma training and experience
- Strong analytic skills and experience
- At a minimum possess a bachelors degree (industrial/engineering/supply chain a plus), a strong preference on an MBA degree
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this role please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.